Author Topic: apoc'd  (Read 264 times)

Offline jordos

• View Profile
apoc'd
« on: December 22, 2016, 10:13:37 am »
Hi,

Reading some of the posts here and looking at the Openapoc_data header files I got the impression that people seem to be using an outdated version of apoc'd. The latest version is 3.10b. You used to be able to find it on the xcomufo.com forums but that site seems to be having problems, so I'll post a link here:
<link removed>

I'm glad to see this project up and running! :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:45:52 pm by pmprog »

Offline pmprog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: apoc'd
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 12:47:49 pm »
I've removed your link, I don't know if it's genuine or not. It probably is, but a first post with a URL...

Besides, most people will use the CD image that comes with Steam/GOG, and that's what's working (as is my original CD contents).

Offline jordos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 12:52:38 pm »
I'm not talking about X-COM apocalypse, but about the editor apoc'd :) I'd attach it to the post, but there is a limit of only 128kb for attachments...

Offline Treonin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 03:49:18 pm »
Ye I always had a hard time finding a download link for it.

Offline Skin36

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 04:24:02 pm »
where the link?

Offline Kammerer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 07:40:18 am »
pmprog, please, apoc'd as a program is used to study and edit game resources and has nothing to do with any sort of piracy. Moreover, j'ordos is well known across the Internet as its author and modder of the original game.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 07:42:48 am by Kammerer »

Offline Skin36

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 08:16:08 am »
Hello jordos! Thank you for this wonderful tool! And I'm glad you're back! Also I wanted to say that you can often see the wrong address and the wrong interpretation of the offset variable. I would like to see in the editor the ability to add or change fields. Alternatively, it is possible to make the description of the fields and layout of an external text file.

Offline JonnyH

• Official Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 09:37:57 pm »
I think I have 3.10b here:

http://s2.jonnyh.net/pub/apocd_3.10b/Apoc_src.zip
http://s2.jonnyh.net/pub/apocd_3.10b/Apoc_d.zip

They claim to be 3.10b in the readme and the apoc'd.bas has "const as string title="Apoc'd v3.10b"

I guess that means it's the latest? Jordos: If you could double check that would be great :)

BTW sorry Jordos, your work here is appreciated, but I think pmprog has spend quite a bit of time trying to cleanup some spam recently so this might have accidently triggered his mental filter :P

EDIT: I slightly relaxed the attachment file size limit and attached the zips
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:50:03 pm by JonnyH »

Offline jordos

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 12:44:58 pm »
Yep, that looks like it's the latest version :) Thanks!
Hey skin36, congratulations on your disassembly work on apocalypse! It's a good suggestion but I don't know if I will be doing any more work on apoc'd. Feel free to edit the source code though, field descriptions can be found in apoc'd.cfg :)

Offline Skin36

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 07:21:06 am »
I created a repository here and offer to work in it.
https://bitbucket.org/Skin36/apoc_d/

Offline jordos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2016, 10:12:16 am »
Great! If you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Offline Skin36

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2016, 09:17:23 pm »
yet I could not understand how to specified field sizes

Offline jordos

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 09:16:19 am »
Field sizes are defined in apoc'r.bas, where I do the actual reading of the data. Each read_... sub there contains a for loop like this
Code: [Select]
dim as ubyte btmp
for record=0 to sel3max
        posidata(record,0)=loc(mainfile(0))     'offset
        get #mainfile(0), ,btmp
        maindata(record,0)=btmp                 'main data
        'ideally these should get their own loop
        othrdata(0,0,0)=1                       'record length
        othrdata(0,0,1)=1                       'input modifier (1 = cycle up)
sel3max is the number of records
btmp is an unsigned byte, so the get operation reads one byte and puts it in the maindata array.
othrdata(0,0,0)=1 also defines the length of this field as one byte. This is later used for saving and also for showing the hex value in the editor.

So to change the length of a field you will have to change othrdata(0,X,0) and also use the proper variable in the get operation (byte/short/int/...)
When you change the length you will probably also need to add or remove existing fields. For this you need to change sel4max, which defines the number of fields. Then you remove or add a few gets, and review the misc_... sub to make sure the linktext and misctext references are still good.

Obviously this is not as trivial as it should be :)

Offline pmprog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 08:32:09 am »
Sorry jordos, and welcome. I don't get to spend as much time as I would like (hence why my name hasn't been listed on a github commit for a loooong time), so everything I do kind of a quickfire "pop in and pop out", which does mean I do misread/misjudge things.

Offline jordos

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2017, 11:48:39 am »
Don't worry about it, no offense taken :)

hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet woolrich outlet hogan outlet woolrich outlet Nike Air Max Outlet Online replica ray ban outlet moncler outlet peuterey outlet giuseppe zanotti pas cher louboutin pas cher Zanotti Pas Cher nike air max pas cher Moncler Pas Cher cheap nike air max 90 louboutin outlet cheap nfl jerseys from china cheap jordans for sale louboutin pas cher air jordan pas cher lancel pas cher ralph lauren pas cher Sac Longchamp Pas cher ralph lauren pas cher