Author Topic: Forum feedback  (Read 3368 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Call to Power modder
    • View Profile
Forum feedback
« on: July 18, 2014, 04:18:11 pm »
This thread exists for reporting forum bugs and other problems, as well as possible enhancement requests.

If you're experiencing any issues, please check if it hasn't been mentioned and solved before.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Call to Power modder
    • View Profile
Re: Forum feedback
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 10:58:47 pm »
Hey people, please tell us if you are being asked for the IAmApocalypse password whenever you're sending a PM. This is happening to me, and we don't know why.

If you want to test if this happens, don't hesitate to PM me saying "hello" or something. :)

Offline darkestaxe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 07:37:16 pm »
I got the verification box just below the message textarea.

Code: [Select]
<div class="post_verification">
    <strong>
        Verification:
    </strong>
    <div id="verification_control_0" class="verification_control">
        <div class="smalltext">
            Enter the password from the
            <a class="bbc_link" target="_blank" href="http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/index.php?topic=2.0"></a>
            :
            <br></br>
            <input class="input_text" type="text" tabindex="5" value="" size="30" name="pm_vv[q][1]"></input>
        </div>
    </div>
</div>

Hope that helps, I haven't worked with vBulletin before so I'm not sure what other info you would need.

Offline kkmic

• Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 02:31:19 pm »
The "quicksearch" box is obstructed by the "news" div. It can be focused by moving the mouse pointer to the top or bottom or the box, but when you naturally move the pointer to the middle of the box, you get a standard "arrow" cursor and clicking does not appear to do anything.

Firefox 31.0

That DIV seems to be a later addition to the theme, and it's placement is a bit shoddy.

Best option: place the "news" div in the menu bar, set it to be one-line only and use the browser's automatic ellipsis overflow:

div#news{
  overflow:hidden;
  text-overflow: ellipsis;
  whitespace: no-wrap;
}

Adjust as necessary.
I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Call to Power modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 03:06:50 pm »
The "Online" mark next to the user's name is the same font and size, so it seems to be part of the the user's name. :)

Offline pmprog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2014, 09:41:37 pm »
That news bug might be because I tried to alter the header because of the larger logo than the original theme had.

Yeah, that "online" label bugs me too, not sure what it's all about. Maybe missing a graphic or something, I'll try and have a look sometime

Offline kkmic

• Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 07:17:01 am »
The "Online" mark next to the user's name is the same font and size, so it seems to be part of the the user's name. :)

As pmprog said, this is indeed a missing graphic. The image failed to load, and the ALT text was displayed instead (this is the purpose of the ALT text :) ).

The "Online pmprog" bugged me a bit before I realized what "Online" meant.

The image seems to be missing from the theme. You can try to reinstall the theme again, or use this image:

http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/Themes/flagrantly202/images/star.gif

Just copy it to http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/Themes/flagrantly202/images/useron.gif

(of course, adjust the paths as necessary, as I can only see the public paths)

Seems good enough: (it's a bit larger - 15x15 vs 12x11 pixels - but I believe it will do)
I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Offline DoctorMuerte

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 07:01:11 pm »
I know is too soon to start talking about modding, but I wonder if we should we have some kind of "mods ideas" or "mods discussion" sub-forum?

These two threads are in the general forum:

http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/index.php?topic=59.0
http://openapoc.pmprog.co.uk/index.php?topic=57.0

and there will be probably more (which is a good thing in my opinion).
Maybe we should have them on it's own place, perhaps under development, to keep the forum better organized.
If someone has an idea about something to be implemented or changed, he could make a new thread for it to be discussed.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 07:03:55 pm by DoctorMuerte »

Offline makus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 07:25:45 pm »
I get various errors after posting posts

when create after send
No data received

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE
Hide details
Unable to load the web page because no data is received from the server.

and when modify get msg

An Error Has Occurred!
You already submitted this post! You might have accidentally double clicked or tried to refresh the page.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 07:29:02 pm by makus »
Я из Украины

hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet woolrich outlet hogan outlet woolrich outlet Nike Air Max Outlet Online replica ray ban outlet moncler outlet peuterey outlet giuseppe zanotti pas cher louboutin pas cher Zanotti Pas Cher nike air max pas cher Moncler Pas Cher cheap nike air max 90 louboutin outlet cheap nfl jerseys from china cheap jordans for sale louboutin pas cher air jordan pas cher lancel pas cher ralph lauren pas cher Sac Longchamp Pas cher ralph lauren pas cher