Author Topic: Linux  (Read 8609 times)

Offline pmprog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Linux
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 09:19:19 am »
My question (finally) is: do you believe that the C++11 features are necessary or nice to have in the long run? Or have you used the -std=c++11 flag to force the use of a recent compiler for performance reasons?
At the minute you shouldn't need C++11; but yes, it might be required further down the line.

Offline JonnyH

• Official Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 05:11:41 pm »

My question (finally) is: do you believe that the C++11 features are necessary or nice to have in the long run? Or have you used the -std=c++11 flag to force the use of a recent compiler for performance reasons?

I'm actually using a number of c++11 things already in my prototyping code, at least: Lambdas (for event handling callbacks), Delegated constructors, smart pointers (Damn useful!), range-for loops, and probably any number of other things I can't recall at the time.

I do believe they are significant time/effort savings in development, and I would lean towards c++11 certainly being nice to have, and not just an attempt at mandating a new compiler for other reasons.

Offline kkmic

• Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 06:45:18 am »
I like your answer :)

Thanks!
I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

Offline JonnyH

• Official Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2014, 04:11:23 am »
I just pushed some code that now treats files as case-insensitive to match windows. This replaces the hacky try-all-lowercase-if-we-fail previous behaviour. This means there should be no more issues with (apparently just my) computer mounting the apoc iso in a different case to everyone else. It means that if you have two files differing only by case, it's undefined which will actually be read, whichever your filesystem happens to spit out first, so no adding fileA expecting it to be different to filea!

This is enabled by default on all cmake builds, I assume this has only been tested on linux so far?

--
Jonny

Offline kkmic

• Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2014, 08:24:55 am »
A correct Apocalypse install will only have only one file named "fileA" in a folder, using whichever case the OS/mounting tool decides to use:
filea, fileA, FileA, FILEA, FiLeA, or anything in between.

If there will be two or more files having the same name (albeit with different case) in the same folder, this is user error, and there should be no attempt by the game to find the "right" file. The current approach is right.

Sidenote:
Is it worth checksuming the original files to guard against bad installs/patched files & such?
I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like tears... in... rain. Time... to die...

hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet woolrich outlet hogan outlet woolrich outlet Nike Air Max Outlet Online replica ray ban outlet moncler outlet peuterey outlet giuseppe zanotti pas cher louboutin pas cher Zanotti Pas Cher nike air max pas cher Moncler Pas Cher cheap nike air max 90 louboutin outlet cheap nfl jerseys from china cheap jordans for sale louboutin pas cher air jordan pas cher lancel pas cher ralph lauren pas cher Sac Longchamp Pas cher ralph lauren pas cher